Saturday, January 9, 2010

teddy bear patchwork & quilting











I found this darling material in a little shop in nothern Wisconsin when we lived there. It sat on a counter in my sewing studio for quite a while, it kept looking at me-when I began to think I had no creativity....SO I dug around my fabric leftovers for some inspiration, I found pinks & blues in corduroy and medium weight flannels some think solid cottons and bunches of thin cotton tiny flower leftovers. I NEVER knew how to buy material I could sew like a dream but could not figure out most patterns. Go figure. This is made from flannel & the solid is cotton, the backing is a leftover tiny floral cotton. I even had embroidery thread that matched so I could tie each corner. After everything was tied I still need to figure out how to quilt the rest. I am such an amateur. I should have a better plan going in HUH? I never do . I try. I just wade in & figure it out as I go. The bear faces have me stumped? oh well .....it will come to me
This turned out sweet because all our home decor turns out to be in these tones-add pale rose, I thought this could go in the master bedroom or den.
We collect teddy bears & have the entire GUND collectible set. Also Muffy & Hoppy Vanderbears & Annette Funicello Angel bears along with other beloved fuzzy friends.
have a `hoppy 'day
chocolate chip

No comments:

Post a Comment